Monero (XMR), the privacy cryptocurrency giant, has proven its worth by gaining value while all other major cryptocurrencies, even Bitcoin (BTC), the largest cryptocurrency, have been bleeding. Earlier, this privacy crypto was failing to outperform its newbie competitors.
However, defying today’s ‘red’ trend is enough to know that Monero has still not lost its place. Further, other private cryptocurrencies like Firo (FIRO) and Swap (SWAP) that earlier beat Monero’s gains also tumbled hard today.
Monero (XMR) Price Today
The privacy crypto behemoth saw a ‘green’ price action on Thursday, July 21, 2022, as it did not participate in the crypto market crash session. Monero (XMR) managed to increase by 2.19% and trade at $150.57 at the time of writing on Thursday. The market valuation of the XMR token stood at $2.7 billion, up by 2.20%. Moreover, another positive thing was that Monero’s 24-hour trade volume had increased significantly by 14.62% and was at $186.71 million.
Another notable point is that Monero price have been constantly rising in recent times. As reported earlier, when its competitor, Swap, outperformed it, XMR still managed to increase by 3.75% and trade at $146.06 at the time of writing on Monday, July 18, 2022. The market valuation of the coin stood at $2.6 billion, up by 3.89%.
Crypto Market’s Bearish Session
The aforementioned TradingView chart shows that major crypto tokens have been declining today as the crypto market crashes. The bleeding market metrics are available below.
- Bitcoin (BTC), the largest cryptocurrency, dipped by 2.08% and traded at $22,899.36 today. The market capitalization of the crypto giant was $4438.02 billion.
- Ethereum (ETH), the second largest crypto, dropped by about 4.85% and traded at $1,486.56 today. The market capitalization of ETH was at $181.17 billion.
- Binance Coin (BNB), the major crypto exchange’s native token, slumped by 5.37% and traded at $254.37 today. The market capitalization of the coin stood at $41.03 billion.
- Cardano (ADA), the Yoroi Wallet hero, also lost massive value. ADA declined by 8.48% and traded at $0.4858 today. The market valuation of the crypto token was $16.3 billion.
- The meme-frenzy cryptos, Dogecoin (DOGE) and Shiba Inu (SHIB) lost 3.75% and 5.27%, respectively.
The price gain of Monero (XMR) during a crypto crash session is surely commendable. Also, the consistent ‘green’ sessions are what make it even more appealing.