Meme coins are no longer the underdogs of the crypto as they are back in trend again. To top them all, we have Captain Inu (CPTINU) which has been built to preserve the ‘Inu’ ecosystem and is a forerunner of Shiba Inu (SHIB), the second-largest dog-themed meme coin. The CPTINU token saw a sudden spike and surged over 200% in Friday’s trading session. The reasons for this unprecedented rise are yet not determined since meme tokens generally do not need any significant factor to influence their price actions.
Captain Inu Price Today
According to CoinMarketCap data, the CPTINU coin skyrocketed by a huge 224.74% and traded at $0.000000002002 at the time of writing on Friday. The coin overtook the gains of other meme tokens both dog and cat-faced. The Captain Inu token ranks 1st among meme coins on the aforementioned price tracking website. Further, the fully diluted market capitalization of the crypto grew by 224.73% and stood at $2 million. However, no data on the 24-hour trade volume of the coin cannot be determined.
Despite the surge, the Captain Inu price is far below its all-time high of $0.000757. Also, another thing of concern was that after the spike there were no changes in the price action and it remained stagnant for a long period of time as shown in the chart above. It might be a response to such a steep rise. If it is a glitch, it should be fixed as soon as possible.
Captain Inu Competitors
Now, let’s have a look at the competitors of this ‘topper’ in the meme coin sector.
- Dogecoin (DOGE): The King of meme coins saw a gain of 6.95% and traded at $0.06409 at the time of reporting on Friday. The market capitalization of the DOGE crypto stood at $8.5 billion, up by 6.94%. However, the 24-hour trade volume of the token dropped by 7.06% and was at $401.06 million. Even the largest meme coin couldn’t beat CPTINU and also saw a significant decline in its demand.
- Shiba Inu (SHIB): The Doge Killer saw a gain of 8.74% and traded at $0.00001098 at press time on Friday, surpassing that of DOGE. The market capitalization of the SHIB token stood at $6.01 billion, up by 7.50%. In line with Dogecoin, the 24-hour trade volume of the token decreased by 13.41% and was at $331.37 million.
- Baby Dogecoin (BABYDOGE): The Doge forerunner saw an increase of 5.36% and traded at $0.000000001324 at the time of drafting on Friday, lower than that of its ‘parent’. The market valuation of the BABYDOGE token stood at $152.38 million, up by 5.31%. In line with DOGE and SHIB, the 24-hour trade volume of the token decreased by 24.88% and was at $3.36 million.
- Catecoin (CATE): The cat-faced meme crypto saw a slight gain of 2.43% and traded at $0.0000003436 at the time of reporting on Friday, lower than all the dog-faced tokens on the list. The fully diluted market valuation of the CATE token stood at $34.33 million, up by 4.78%. In line with the dog-themed coins listed, the 24-hour trade volume of the cat crypto declined by 25.70% and was at $42,801. This suggests that the already less demand for this crypto has dropped further.
- Cat Token (CAT): It is another cat-themed token that saw a significant rise of 13.50% and traded at $0.07985 at press time on Friday. This competitor of Captain Inu surpassed the gains of others on the list. The market valuation of CAT was at $521,239, up by 13.50%. Further, unlike the other cryptos on the list, its 24-hour trade volume rose by a huge 104.87% and stood at $297.
The most significant participants of the meme coin sector, Dogecoin and Shiba Inu did see a ‘green’ day but could not exceed that of Captain Inu. However, the dog-faced duo has proven to be much more stable compared to any other meme-frenzy token. Therefore, it is advised to think and research thoroughly before diving into such pump and dump trend followers.